One on One
A Day in the Field Join Charles Glatzer M.Photog, Canon Explorer of Light for an individualized or private group day(s) of instruction in the field and/or in the classroom.
One-on-one or small private group ensures the best instruction possible. This hands-on personalized workshop is designed for nature photographers who wish to dramatically increase their technical ability while learning to see and shoot the light. "A Day in the Field" is structured around your specific needs and photographic goals. Charles will review your images and talk with you prior to your arrival to design a lesson plan tailored to making the most of your time together. Numerous participants feel a private lesson is more advantageous than working in a larger group.
Join Charles for a day(s) of outstanding nature photography and instruction in the beautiful mountains of western NC, before or after an STL workshop, or at a location of your choosing.
Topics may include:
* Setting up your Canon R5/6 or R3 for your specific needs.
* How to easily shoot and process HDR images
* Night sky photography
* Understanding lighting quality, quantity, direction and how they relate to overall image impact.
* How lighting ratios effect both the subject and background.
* Understanding Metering Patterns and Priority Modes.
* How to expose and meter for the most important highlight, compress and expand image contrast and brightness range.
* When and how to use flash for fill, balanced to ambient, and as the main source.
* Proper AF and Manual focusing technique; to best achieve sharp In-flight images
* How to produce exacting image sharpness, the tools and techniques required, and how to apply them in the field.
* What to look for in the all-important background.
* Post-production CS, LR, color management.
Fee -$1500 per day, plus expenses. Group discounted rates available upon request. Bookings by appointment only, with deposit 50% required to reserve dates.